Sunday, October 28, 2012

SAPA





















Sapa is a little village in the mountains in the North-West of Vietnam. I took an overnight train (love them) to Lao Cai, 5 km from China. A bus took me, true to the wonderful views of the North, to the little village. It reminded me of Saint Moritz in Switzerland. 


The black women are a minority population that live there. They're called Hmong. They sold fancy jewelry. I always wondered if there are people in the world that have no clue of the existence of other things than themselves. Here they are...

There is a small village near Sapa called Cat Cat. Seems very staged. Shops and naked children are the main part. I felt like entering a theme park. They charge money to enter. 


Normally the rice fields are very colorful but they harvested everywhere.

When going be sure to check out VICTORIA RESORT & SPA
Hotel with wonderful views and suites. They have their own train, the Victoria express. 








No comments:

Post a Comment